Goodbye San Fransisco, hello St. Louis: Moving business to Midwest
(KTVI) – It reads like a pamphlet from the city, but British entrepreneur Jon Wheatley posted a blog Friday telling the world “Why I’m Moving My Business From San Francisco To St. Louis”.
Extolling the virtues of St. Louis, he points out how expensive San Francisco is and how much farther a startup company can go here.
It’s full of beautiful picturesand taglines like, “St. Louis isn’t just ridiculously affordable, there’s also a lot to keep you entertained.”
Wheatley moved to SanFrancisco from England in 2009 to launch DailyBooth, a website where people could load up a photo of themselves each day. That site has since closed, but he is working on several other projects now, including needwant.com.
- Forbes: St. Louis’ brand changing to, “Startup town”
- Downtown Business Incubating Start Up Companies
- Start-up contest could net companies $50K
- St. Louis’ “Invisible Girlfriend” app promises no-hassle holidays
- St. Louis Startup Weekend
- St. Louis technology scene fastest growing in country
- Tech startups booming in St. Louis