Will the St. Louis Rams stay in town?
(KTVI)-Should St. Louis be worried about the silence of the Rams? We all know the story by now. The city refused to spend $ 700 million in taxpayer dollars to re-build the Edward Jones Dome, so the Rams lease goes year to year after the 2014 football season. Which means the team could leave St. Louis as early as Januar 2015. Meanwhile, team owner Stan Kroenke, one of the 300 richest people in the world, has purchased a stadium-sized chunk of land in Los Angeles, fueling paranoia that the Rams are ready to move back to L.A..
Through it all, neither the St. Louis Rams nor Kroenke have said anything. That is not new. During talks over the Dome’s future, the city’s convention and visitors commission says the Rams never negotiated or talked. They just issued written proposals.
So will the Rams stay or go? Charles talks it over with FOX 2 Sports Director Martin Kilcoyne.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims