(STLMoms) – Are you ready for summer? How about all those cuts and burns? Pediatrician Dr. Kathleen Berchelmann with St. Louis Children’s Hospital talks shows us the tools you need in your home to treat and prevent injuries.
Here’s a list of things you should have in a pre-made first aid kit:
1. Water bottle for cleaning out wounds:
4. Numbing Spray:
5. Prescription Medication: Ask your physician for an extra prescription for any medication you use frequently, especially asthma and allergy medications.
8. Ibuprofen and Tylenol:
9. Dramamine, nausea medication:
11. Bug Spray: The best protection comes from a repellant that contains 30% DEET.
12. Afrin nasal spray for nose bleeds:
13. Hydrocortisone ointment
15. Baby wipes:
16. Clean towel:
17. Feminine hygiene supplies:
18. Premade finger splint:
19. Alcohol Wipes:
20. Ace Bandage:
21. Small Scissors:
22. 1 Bottle Gatorade:
23. Zip lock bags:
24. Tweezers & Small Magnifying Glass: