Candle left burning destroys family’s apartment

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. CHARLES, MO (KTVI) - Officials say a candle left burning in an apartment building is to blame for a fire Sunday morning in St. Charles. The fire occurred around 9:00 am at an apartment in the 10 block of Bee Jay Street.

Officials said a woman and her son were outside playing and left a candle burning on the night stand in the bedroom. When they returned, the bedroom was on fire.

Two adults and a child lived in the apartment.

Fire officials say the apartment was a total loss.

2 comments

  • Seriously?

    “…..left a candle burning on the night stand in the bedroom. When they returned, the bedroom was on fire. Fire officials say the apartment was a total loss.”

    “The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Comments are closed.