Fire sweeps through Chesterfield cigar shop

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESTERFIELD, MO (KTVI) - A fire swept through a Chesterfield cigar shop threatening animals in a nearby Veterinary Center.  The St. Louis Cigar Shop is located near Olive Boulevard and Hog Hollow Road.  The fire started inside of the store around 2:30a.m. Thursday morning.  When firefighters arrived, the smoke had already filled the entire building.  Some firefighters attempted to smother the flames, and others broke a window in the center to remove the animals.  One cat was brought outside while being hooked to an I.V.  Firefighters say the cat is doing fine.

No one was hurt but the center was charred.

3 comments

Comments are closed.