Man bitten by scorpion while shopping for bananas

Bananas

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – A Pennsylvania man got more than he bargained for while shopping for bananas at Walmart. When the man reached inside a box of bananas, he felt a pinch on his thumb.  After he yanked his hand out, a scorpion fell to the floor.  He was not seriously injured and Walmart offered to pay for his doctor bills.  The company has alerted its food safety team, produce suppliers and third-party pest control providers.

No other scorpions were found in the bananas or the store.