(KTVI) - It's a luxury ride you'll want to get your hands on. It's the all new 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
- The C-Class is Mercedes-Benz's best-selling model line. Roughly 2.5 million copies of the 2007-2014 C have been sold worldwide.
- This is the first all-new C-Class in eight years. Since 2007, when the outgoing car debuted, the compact luxury sedan segment has really gotten competitive with new cars like the Cadillac ATS and all-new versions of such stalwarts as the BMW 3 Series and Lexus IS.
- This all-new 2015 C is designed to look like a smaller version of the Mercedes S-Class flagship. There is a choice of two different "faces": "sporty," with the Mercedes star in the middle of the grille, or "classic," with the familiar hood-perched star when the "Luxury Pkg." is optioned.
- Compared to the outgoing car, the 2015 C is notably larger: 3.7 inches longer and 1.6 inches wider with a 3-inch longer wheelbase.
- The 2015 C-Class is available in two versions: the C300, with a 241-hp turbo I-4, and the C400, with a 3.0-liter turbo V-6. 400 comes only with AWD while the 300 can be had with rear- or all-wheel drive, although the rear-drive 300 won't arrive until early 2015.
- The 2015 C-Class boasts a host of new technologies, including a Mercedes-developed touch-pad in the infotainment system's control-knob guard. That pad responds to finger movements.