(KTVI) – Ever wonder what happens to all of your missing socks? Well, you might want to check your pet.
A Portland, Oregon family found their missing socks inside their Great Dane’s stomach! All 43 of them!
The discovery was made after the three-year-old Great Dane started vomiting. His owner rushed him to their vet where he had surgery.
The super-sized pooch had shown a hankering for socks before, but the extent of the problem wasn’t apparent until he got sick and the X-rays showed the contents of his belly.
Oh, and those X-rays even impressed the experts. The vet clinic submitted them to the annual “They Ate WHAT?” contest at Veterinary Practice News and won the $500 third prize, losing out to a frog who gobbled up 30 rocks from the bottom his cage and a German shorthaired pointer who swallowed a metal shish kabob skewer.
The Great Dane is doing just fine. He was home a day after his surgery.
He made it through the surgery and when home healthy a day later.