(KTVI)-There's only about two weeks left in the year. That means it is time to get our finances in order for the end of the year and before tax filing begins.
Bob Jones is the CEO and President of Central Trust And Investment Company Of Saint Louis and he offers the following tips:
- Take a hard look at where your money is and perhaps where it should be instead
- Consider selling off stocks or other assets to take a tax loss
- Make charitable donations to benefit your tax return
- Make family cash gifts to benefit your return
- Know what contributions you can make in 401 K’s/IRA’s before the year end