ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - “All About That Bass” singer Meghan Trainor is singing the blues after canceling her M Train Tour in Detroit and Chicago.
So far, she is still on for her St. Louis concert at the Pageant next Tuesday, July 14. Despite her doctors warning to cancel the show, Trainor says she is already feeling better after having a hemorrhage on her vocal chords.
Dr Joseph Bradley, a Washington University Otolaryngology physician, joins Fox 2 and shares the seriousness of Trainor’s condition and tips for a healthy voice.
Tips for a Healthy Voice:
- Monitor the amount of talking or singing per day. Give yourself plenty of breaks.
- Take frequent pauses to breathe when talking and exercising. Don`t hold your breath.
- Use a microphone when you are speaking in front of a group to avoid straining your voice.
- If you must talk over noise, move closer to the person you are talking to so you don`t strain to be heard.
- Stay healthy and hydrated. Eat right and get plenty of rest.