ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)- FOX 2 is your home of the Rams. Sunday afternoon they take on the Arizona Cardinals right here on FOX 2.
If you're planning a party to watch the game, you have to decide which snacks and foods to serve.
Usually there aren't any healthy options, but Katie Emrich with Fit4Me Foods in St. Peters shows us how to keep things in balance.
Fit Chili (makes 7 servings):
1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
24 oz. cherry tomatoes
5 oz. chopped onion
2.5 oz. chopped carrots
2 oz. red bell pepper
5 oz. green bell pepper
½ oz. jalapeno pepper
2.5 oz. chopped celery
1.5 oz. raw kale
1.5 oz. dry garbanzo beans
4 oz. low sodium tomato paste
1T extra virgin olive oil
Spice as desired
0.5c shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
1oz green onion
1. Add ground beef to a sauce pot with extra virgin olive oil on medium heat.
2. Caramelize meat until golden brown and add carrot, onion, celery, jalapeno, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are translucent.
3. Add tomato paste, cooked garbanzo beans, four quarts of water, and cherry tomatoes to pot and reduce to low heat for 45 minutes.
4. Add chopped kale to pot once soup has reached chili consistency.
5. Garnish with cheddar cheese and chives.
6. Serve warm.
6219 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
St. Peters, MO 63304
Located in Hwy. 94 Dierbergs Plaza
GRAND OPENING Celebration - October 3rd & 4th