ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - We are officially into the season of Lent. perhaps you would like to make a healthy dish at home instead of running to a fish fry.
Cody Long from the Old Towne Spice Shoppe in St. Charles shares this simple recipe for Herbed Fish in a Bag.
Grab your spices here: OldTownSpices.com
- 1 piece of fish (fresh or fresh frozen) per person
- Julienne cut vegetables
- Fresh herbs OR seasoning OR marinade
- Large square of parchment paper per fish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put each fish fillet in center of a large square of parchment paper and season with salt and pepper, to taste OR your selected seasoning rub. Arrange the vegetables on top of fish, dividing evenly. Top the vegetables with any of the following: lemon slices, fresh herbs, your favorite marinade OR simply a pat of butter and 1 tablespoon white wine.
- Fold up ends of parchment, pressing and crimping the folds well so that no steam will escape during the cooking, the final two ends to be tucked under to hold in place.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
To serve, cut open the packets and serve directly in the parchment on a plate or remove the fish to the plate using a spatula.