ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI)- Spring is in full spring now and Earth Day is coming up on April 22. We have some of the best kept vacation secrets for families looking for some scenery and seclusion.
One of the most iconic vacation spots in Arkansas is the Moss Mountain Farm, owned and run by P. Allen Smith. Smith spoke with Dan this morning about the farm and what it offers to people looking to get away from city life.
- This year, the National Park Service is celebrating its 100-year anniversary, and Hot Springs National Park is the oldest protected area in the national park system with over 20 miles of trails, a campground, and several historic hot spring bath houses.
- Northwest Arkansas`s four-season climate, variety of terrain and trail numbers makes it a true mountain biking destination. The state features five epic rides, designated by the Intl. Mountain Bicycling Association, tying with Colorado for second in the country.
- The Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville boasts special exhibits and its own permanent collection at no cost. Sculpture and nature trails around the museum encourage visitors to take the scenic route.
- Known as the world's only 'keep what you find' diamond site, the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro offers a 37-acre plowed field that is the eroded surface of the world's eighth largest diamond-bearing volcanic crater.
- the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum in Little Rock provides families an opportunity to learn more about the 42nd president of the United States.