Did you get outdoors this weekend? Perhaps do some yard work or gardening, maybe clean out the garage? How are you feeling today? A little sore?
Dr. Rick Lehman, an orthopedic surgeon with the U.S. Center for Sports Medicine in Kirkwood, visits Fox 2 News in the Morning with seven steps you can take to feel better.
1. Early morning protein drink
2. Compression (foam roller, compression shorts, tight fitting long-sleeve shirt)
3. Topicals (Capsaicin bases oils or lotions , anti-inflammatory topical)
4. Hydrate with replacement recovery nutrients (Powerade, etc.)
5. Heat (shower, hot packs, sauna)
6. Eccentric stretching
7. Light recovery exercise (peddle a bike no resistance, moderate paced walk, etc.)