ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - When you hear "Crock-pot"..you think of soups & stews to warm you up in the fall and winter. Why are you putting it away for the spring and summer? Use it!
Cody Long from the Olde Town Spice Shoppe in St. Charles has one recipe that won't heat up your kitchen.
Crockpot Cobb Chicken Salad
•2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
•1/2 small yellow onion, diced (1/2 cup)
•2 ribs of celery, diced (1/2 cup)
•1.5 cups of mayonnaise
•1 tsp honey
•2 tsp Olde Town Spice Shoppe Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic seasoning
•1/4 cup crumbled bacon
•1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
•1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
•Tomato slices, avocado slices & romaine lettuce
•Hard boiled Eggs either diced & mixed into salad or served on sandwich sliced is optional.
1. Combine chicken, onion, and celery in your crock pot and cook for 4 hours on 'low' setting or until chicken is cooked through and tender. (Don't add any liquid to your crock pot because the chicken and veggies release a lot of it while cooking, )
2. When done, shred chicken with a fork and cool to room temperature.
3. Mix mayonnaise, honey & Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic seasoning and then add chicken to bowl .
4. Fold in bacon crumbles, blue cheese, & red bell pepper.
5. Serve on croissants or bread with avocado & tomato slices & lettuce.
Olde Town Spice Shoppe
334 South Main Street, St Charles Missouri