ST. LOUIS, MO (STLMoms)- It's about that time when kids are either heading off to college or returning. Something we can't always pick is our roommate.
Melenie Broyles with Etiquette St. Louis shares some way to make the process a smooth one.
• Do not make assumptions!
• Set ground rules.
• Review schedules. Who has an early class? What time do people need to shower, set alarms.
• Ask before you borrow and do not assume people are ok with you borrowing anything at all.
• Headphones are your friend. Do not assume your roomie loves your music or even wants it blasting while your studying.
• Ask permission for guests. Always. No exceptions.
• Talk about issues. Do not bottle things up, they become worse.
Put others ahead of yourself and be thoughtful.
For more information visit: etiquettesaintlouis.com