St. Louis Art Museum nominated for ‘Favorite Free Museum’ in America
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – USA Today has nominated the St. Louis Art Museum to the 10 Best Readers’ Choice travel award contest for Favorite Free Museum. They have been been chosen by a panel of experts as places where you can get learn a lot for free.
The St. Louis Art Museum is described by USA Today as:
Housed in the “Fine Arts Palace” of the famous 1904 World’s Fair, the Saint Louis Art Museum regales visitors with an outstanding collection of Impressionist paintings, Asian works, Renaissance pieces and American art. Visitors enjoying this free collection can spot works by Monet, van Gogh, Matisse, Picasso and Degas.
The newspaper’s experts have selected the list but readers choose the winner. Voting ends on on Monday, August 29.
Best Free Museum Nominees
- American Computer & Robotics Museum – Bozeman, Mont.
- Baltimore Museum Of Art – Baltimore
- The Broad – Los Angeles
- Cleveland Museum Of Art – Cleveland
- Crystal Bridges Museum Of American Art – Bentonville, Ark.
- Frye Art Museum – Seattle
- The Getty Center – Los Angeles
- The Menil Collection – Houston
- Minneapolis Institute Of Art – Minneapolis
- The Museum At Fit – New York
- National Infantry Museum & Soldier Center – Columbus, Ga.
- National Museum Of Mexican Art – Chicago
- National Museum Of The U.S. Air Force – Dayton, Ohio
- Nelson-Atkins Museum Of Art – Kansas City, Mo.
- Saint Louis Art Museum – St. Louis
- San Francisco Cable Car Museum – San Francisco
- Smithsonian’s National Air And Space Museum – Washington
- Smithsonian’s National Museum Of Natural History – Washington
- Uss Constitution Museum – Boston
- The Walters Art Museum – Baltimore