St. Louis Zoo nominated for ‘Best Free Attraction’ in America
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – USA Today has nominated the St. Louis Zoo to the 10 Best Readers’ Choice travel award contest for Best Free Attraction. They have been been chosen by a panel of experts as places where you can get way more than you pay for.
The St. Louis Zoo is described by USA Today as:
“The 90-acre St. Louis Zoo exhibits 600 species of animals representing every continent and major biome on the planet. It’s also one of the nation’s few zoos that offers free entry, though some exhibits and shows charge smaller admission fees. The zoo’s Penguin & Puffin Coast exhibit is one of the best penguin habitats in the country, with four species of penguins and two species of puffins on display.”
The newspaper’s experts have selected the list but readers choose the winner. Voting ends on on Monday, August 29.
Best Free Attraction Nominees:
- The Alamo – San Antonio
- Balboa Park – San Diego
- Bellagio Conservatory & Fountains – Las Vegas
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens – Birmingham, Ala.
- Central Park – New York
- The Freedom Trail – Boston
- Garden Of The Gods – Colorado Springs
- Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco
- Griffith Park – Los Angeles
- Independence National Historical Park – Philadelphia
- International Rose Test Garden – Portland, Ore.
- Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site – Atlanta
- Millennium Park – Chicago
- Multnomah Falls – Oregon
- National Mall And Memorial Parks – Washington
- Saint Louis Zoo – St. Louis
- Staten Island Ferry – New York
- Sunset Celebration Key West
- United States Botanic Garden – Washington