LADUE, MO (KTVI) – Students at Ladue High School were sent home earlier than expected Wednesday afternoon after a gas leak near the campus.
A construction crew struck a gas line at the high school around 2 p.m. Police, fire, and Laclede Gas were called to the school.
Since school normally dismisses at 2:30 p.m., students were allowed to leave school for the day about 20 minutes early.
Laclede Gas stopped the leak in short order, but all after school activities were cancelled as a precaution.
Ladue High School is located at 1201 Warson Road.