ST. LOUIS — There were nearly 230,000 babies born to teenagers 15-19 years old in 2015. That is actually a drop in teen pregnancies from the year before. In Missouri the teen birth rate is much higher, with African Americans having the highest teen birth rate of all groups at 37%.
Parenthood is the leading reason that teen girls drop out of school. More than 50% of teen mothers never graduate from high school and that less than 2% earn a college degree by age 30. Curve the Urge is a free abstinence-only prevention program that aims to teach youth ages 12-17 to voluntarily refrain from sex.
Registration Is Open Now:
- Free Participation for ages 12-17
- Volunteer Hours (for time spent in the program)
- $10 gift card each time survey completed (3 opportunities)
- Regular Prize Drawings
- Daily Meals Provided
- Free Curve the Urge T-shirt
- Free HIV and STD testing
- Free Counseling Services
Recognition Certificate of Completion
Curve the Urge June Session
- Saturday, June 10th 9am - 4pm
- Saturday, June 17th 9am - 4pm
- Saturday, June 24th 9am - 1pm