Fire causes evacuations at St. Charles hotel

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. CHARLES_Guests staying at a St. Charles hotel woke up to a fire alarm early Monday morning. The Embassy Suites St. Charles Hotel was crowded because of a dance competition.

The St. Charles Fire Department is commending the hotel and its guests for an orderly evacuation. Guests were interrupted shortly after midnight and they were back in the rooms less than an hour later.

Many of the guests included girls in town from all over the Midwest for a dance competition.

This appears to have been a small microwave fire but because there was some smoke, the hotel was evacuated.