Riverview Apartment Fire Leaves Man Dead

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A Riverview, Missouri, apartment fire Sunday morning has left a man dead. The victim reportedly died of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his apartment in the 9600 block of Diamond just after 5:00am. He was found in a doorway between the bedroom and living room by fire crews battling the blaze.

Riverview Fire Department Chief Joe Bommarito believes unattended cooking may have led to the fire.

The fire did not spread to other apartments in the building.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.