Mary Clarke from Mother Model Management talks about picking the best dress for your body type.
- If you're small-chested: Choose a ruffled or tiered neckline. The extra fabric will add a cup size.
- If you're athletic or boyish: Look for Asymmetrical cuts or ruched details, which instantly create curves.
- If you're apple-shaped: Opt for a dress with a loose torso and an eye-catching skirt. It'll hide your tummy while highlighting a slimmer lower half.
- If you're pear shaped: Find a V-neck top and pair it will a full skirted bottom. The V shape draws the eye to your natural waist instead of wider hips.
- If you're busty: Choose a neckline that offers coverage and bra-wearing capability but isn't too low or too high.
- If you're top-heavy: Find wider, bigger shapes and prints on the bottom to bring attention to the bottom half.
- If you're petite: Pick a solid, body-skimming dress. One color gives smaller figures a columnar, elongated appearance.
Enter the Fresh New Face search to win a grand prize-trip to New York City.
Saturday, June 23
1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Jordan Creek Town Center
West Des Moines, IA
For more information, visit Mother Model Management.