ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)-- You Decide 2012 Missouri Primary is over. In what many thought would be a long night for the candidates in the GOP U.S. Senate race, turned out to be a not as close as thought to be. Vacating Congressman Todd Akin from the 2nd District rolled up big numbers in out state Missouri, beating newcomer businessman John Brunner and former State Treasurer Sarah Steelman handily.
In the hotly contested Democratic primary for the U.S. 1st Congressional district, incumbent Lacy Clay, Jr. easy beat back a challenge by Congressman Russ Carnahan, who lost is 3rd Congressional District, to redistricting.
The Right to Prayer amendment passed by a huge margin throughout the state.
In the governor’s race, businessman Dave Spence won the GOP nomination to face Democratic Governor Jay Nixon in November’s election.
- More information: You Decide 2012: Missouri August 7th Primary
- Follow our reporters LIVE on Twitter: Twitter.com/FOX2now/News-Team
- Clay Tops Carnahan In Missouri Congressional Primary
- Montee Wins Crowded Mo. Lt. Gov. Democratic Race
- Martin Wins Missouri GOP Attorney General Primary
- Akin Wins Missouri Republican US Senate Primary
LIVE COVERAGE FROM THE CAMPAIGNS: