ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Are your kids playing school sports? Then this is the time when they begin to complain of aches and pains. The pain tends to involve specific muscles and starts during or just after the activity.
More info: drvidan.com
Tips For Avoiding Sports Injuries:
- Encourage your child to wear the necessary equipment and make sure it fits properly.
- Eat healthy meals that are high in fruits, vegetables and proteins rather than fats.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid sugar-loaded, caffeinated or carbonated drinks.
- Follow a warm-up routine that includes stretching before every practice, game or meet.
- Get plenty of rest. Sluggishness, irritability and loss of interest could indicate that your child is fatigued.