Family Loses Everything In Thanksgiving Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WATERLOO, IL. (KTVI) – A family of five lost almost all of their belongings during a blaze at their Waterloo, Illinois home Wednesday.

The blaze destroyed clothing, furniture and pictures.

"Pretty much everything on the second floor is damaged," Bill Roedl said.

Bill lived in the young with his girlfriend Christy Youngman and their three children.

"They were devastated when they finally saw the house," Youngman said.
"It was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through."

The family believes a lamp started the blaze. No one was home during the fire.

"We are just thankful that none of us were there sleeping," Roedl said.

People can drop off donations for the family at the Garden Place Senior Living Center in Waterloo.

"We are so grateful for everything," Youngman said.

'We are still having a great Thanksgiving," Roedl added.

If you’d like to help, you can donate by dropping off clothing at the Waterloo Garden Place senior living facility on Columbia Avenue, just west of Gibault High School.

Items Needed:
Girl’s size 8 tops and bottoms
Boy’s size 10-12 clothing
Girl’s size 6

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.