(KTVI) – Sammie Bezzole is the Kids Kamp Challenge Program Director. She stopped by to help Tim with a kid’s leprechaun workout. You can keep your kids active with these simple moves.
St. Patrick's Day Workout For Kids
Warm-up: Make sure to warm up your kids for 8-10 minutes with a walk around the block or a bike ride.
Equipment Dice, Optional shamrock with exercises on them and gold coins as token for good job.
Workout: Have a board or piece of paper with the following exercises on it numbered 1-6. Have one child roll the dice and whatever number they land on the whole group or family does that exercise together. Do all exercises 10 times each and continue game for 10-15 minutes.
1. High Knees (running through the fields to the rainbow)
2. Sit-ups (strong abs to slide down the rainbow)
3. Leprechaun side kicks (for a happy dance when they find the pot of gold)
4. Back extensions (for lifting the pot of gold)
5. Jumping jacks (for sharing the gold with their friends and family)
6. Push ups (for carrying the pot of gold through the fields back home)
Cool down and Stretch: Stretch and cool down for 8-10 minutes at the end of the workout.