Overnight Fires Destroy Bar, Displace Hotel Customers

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Just before 4:00am Monday a fire broke out in the 1100 block of Taylor.

The fire had taken over both floors and crews had to battle the blaze from outside.

The sign on the building says "Bernie's Place Tavern," but there is no word if it was an operating bar.

The Mayfair Hotel was evacuated because of a fire around 11:30pm Sunday. The hotel is located at Ninth and St. Charles Streets.

The fire was caused when electrical lines arced beneath the street. Ameren cut power to the Mayfair to allow the fire to burn out.

Mayfair Hotel customers are staying at the Renaissance hotel whiles repairs are made.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.