Solar Panels Catch Fire At Webster Groves High School

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


WEBSTER GROVES, MO (KTVI)-Plumes of black smoke could be seen coming from the roof at Webster Groves High School Saturday. Firefighters say solar panels caught fire around 2:00pm.  Nearby residents noticed the smoke and called the fire department.

The panels are above the new science wing.

The school has a little water damage to a classroom ceiling and hallway, but a clean-up crew will have the building ready for school on Monday.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.