Ammonia Smell Leads to Hazmat Call in CWE

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – A hazmat situation in the Central West End has ended.   Fire authorities say there was a smell of ammonia which prompted works inside the building to call the fire department.

It happened at 6188 McPherson near Skinner Road. Construction worker were demolishing the building when they smelled ammonia.  No injuries were reported.