Saving Money At Disney
Here are a few things to remember:
1. Disney is Expensive — Once you accept that fact, you’ll have a better time.
2. Use online sites to help you plan your cost-savings: Here are a few sites that have money-saving tips as well as forums where you can see what tips other Disney visitors have.
Check out Free and Cheap Stuff to Do at Disney World
Disney World.com/Special Offers — Go straight to the source. Disney frequently offers deals on their website and especially during down seasons.
3. Bring your own food — visitors are allowed to bring their own food into Disney parks. You will save a ton of money if you pack a lunch and plenty of snacks! You just need to go through bag inspection. **There are also several free dining promotions in the slow season (Aug – Sept/Oct or Jan – Feb).
Extra Tip: Disney parks apparently offer free water cups to any guests who asks at any dining facility. Use those little Kool-Aid singles or squeeze bottle flavors to liven up your free water!
4. Use a time-share resort – these are good options because they tend to offer discount tickets or vouchers for other activities but you do have to sit through a timeshare presentation. But if that doesn’t bother you and you’re looking into the possibility of a time-share, go for it!
5. Active Military Personnel with the proper ID are eligible for Disney Discounts
6. Stay on Property: The more days you stay, the cheaper it is. Disney also usually offers dining meal packages for extended stays.
7. BYO — Bring your own Disney gear (i.e., bags, ponchos, toys, etc.): We found Disney themed bags near checkout lanes in Schnucks stores for just $1! They’re the grocery totes, but they’re perfect for our trip. And for just $1, everyone in the family can have one!
Pick up little sticker books and crayons, things that can easily fit into bags for those waits in between character greetings or in line for rides.
Some Disney Do’s and Donts
1. Have A Plan
2. Do Order a Planning CD from Disney Vacations.com
3. Have your kids save their own money
4. Drink lots of water
5. Don’t forget your sunscreen
Go to your Play or App store and download anything free!