KCI awarded contract for Park Over in downtown St. Louis
ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI) – The Missouri Department of Transportation has awarded the park over project for downtown to KCI Construction. KCI was the low bid winner for the $26.4 million dollar project.
Construction is slated to start in August o f 2013 and to be completed by July 2015.
The Park Over project consist of:
At the I-44 and MLK interchange
• Create access from 3rd Street to MLK on-ramp to eastbound I-44.
• Allow access on the MLK ramp from westbound I-44 to Convention Drive.
At the Eads Bridge and Washington Avenue
• Restrict access (a right turn access from the new ramp will remain) from the section of Washington Avenue next to the Eads Bridge.
• Update and activate the traffic signals at the Eads Bridge and Memorial Drive
Near the Gateway Arch
• Swap the ramps between Memorial Drive and I-44 (exit from eastbound, entrance to westbound)
• Remove and replace the Walnut Street Bridge
• Remove the Chestnut Street and Market Street bridges and replace them with the Park over the Highway
• Convert the Pine Street Bridge to a pedestrian bridge
• Adjust traffic flow on Memorial Drive around the Park Over the Highway
• Add auxiliary lanes on I-44 between the PSB interchange and new Washington Avenue ramps
For more information on the project, click here.