Heat meant to kill bugs causes Ohio house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EASTLAKE, OH. (KTVI) – A heater meant to kill bugs destroyed a house in Ohio Monday morning.

FOX8 in Cleveland reports that a family read on the internet that heat could kill bugs. The residents left a torpedo heater on in one room of their home. The heater burned one side of the house and left smoke and heat damage throughout.

Eastlake fire officials say no one was inside the home at the time, but a dog, who ran back inside, died.

Read more here: Heating a Room to Kill Bugs Causes HouseĀ Fire

By: Christina Santiago Turner