Red Cross looking for local heroes
ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI) – The American Red Cross is looking for local heroes, who’ve stood out in the past year that should be recognized for actions that went beyond the call of duty.
If you know someone who should recognized, you can nominate them for one of ten categories for the 2014 Lifesaver Awards.
Winners will be honored in March of 2014 at the 2014 Lifesaver Awards breakfast.
Here’s the criteria to nominate someone:
The nominee must have responded courageously to someone in acute distress; the lifesaving event must have occurred in the recent past and the nominee must live in the Bi-state area. To nominate a lifesaver, visit the website and complete the nomination form before November 1, 2013.
The 10 Lifesaver Award categories are included below:
- Good Samaritan Youth: Presented to an outstanding youth who bravely responded to a potentially life-threatening emergency.
- Good Samaritan Adult: Presented to an outstanding adult who courageously responded to a potentially life-threatening emergency.
- Healthcare Professional: Presented to a doctor or nurse who exhibited extraordinary response to an emergency or ongoing situation.
- Disaster Relief: Presented to an individual(s) who exhibited heroic efforts in response to a disaster.
- Emergency Medical: Presented to an individual(s) with a duty to respond who, during a time of crisis, provided extraordinary medical assistance, including CPR and/or first-aid to a person or persons in need.
- Firefighter: Presented to a professional or volunteer firefighter(s) whose actions were above the call of duty.
- Water Safety: Presented to an individual(s) who demonstrated heroic efforts in response to an aquatic emergency.
- Blood Services: Presented to a blood or platelet donor who has gone above the call of duty in responding to the need for blood and/or platelets.
- Law Enforcement: Presented to a professional police officer(s) or related law enforcement official(s) who exhibited heroism either in an emergency or through an on-going response.
- Military: Presented to an active, reserve, ROTC or retired member of the Armed Forces, or military supporter, who acted heroically beyond the call of duty.
The lifesaver nomination can also be mailed to:
American Red Cross
Attn: Kelsey Vaughan
10195 Corporate Square Drive
St. Louis, MO 63132
For questions related to the Lifesaver Awards Breakfast, please contact Kelsey Vaughan at (314) 516-2789.