ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - It's that time of year when people's lives are consumed with thoughts of football. For many, they are not only watching professional football, but they are also a part of a fantasy football league.
Tim Ezell talked to Dr. Erin Shannon about the reason why fantasy football is so addictive.
She thinks people like to passively watch football, but they also like the interactive aspect of fantasy football. Plus, the bonus of being able to win is a nice incentive.
Fantasy football leagues are so popular that even actual football players take part in them.
Some people don't stop at one fantasy league, either. Lots of people take it to the next level and participate in several leagues at a time.
Dr. Shannon said that just because a person does not have a vast knowledge of football, it doesn't mean they shouldn't participate. Shannon said a lot of beginners get lucky and even win over more experienced football experts.
Here is Dr. Erin Shannon's list of the Top Rookie Mistakes:
- Don't wait to complete the starting lineup before adding bench players.
- Don't draft the QB on name value.
- Don't draft defense early.
- Use the cheatsheets to help, but don't rely on it.
- Watch bye-weeks for best 2-4 guys.
- Check status before starting waivers of trade.
Find out more: www.drerinshannon.com