Fire strikes Ted Drewes on Chippewa

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS (KTVI) - A fire forces Ted Drewes Frozen Custard on Chippewa in south St. Louis to close. Employees smelled smoke around 1 pm, and called firefighters.

The fire department says an electrical fire may have started in the attic.

The business suffered smoke and water damage.

It's scheduled to re-open Monday morning at 11 am.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.