ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Nine family members were saved from a house fire overnight by their smoke detectors.
This fire started around 11:30pm Tuesday on the second floor of the home on Washington Boulevard at North Euclid in the Central West End.
Firefighters had to evacuate the building, in case it might collapse on them.
The fire spread to the roof of the house next door, but there was little damage.
No one was injured.
So far, there is no word on what caused the fire.
If you need new batteries for your smoke detector, or a new smoke detector in your home, and you live in the city of St. Louis, you can call the fire department for help. They will replace your battery or install a new detector.