CHESTERFIELD, MO (KTVI) - Do not let yourself be victimized this holiday season while shopping.
Captain Steve Lewis, from the Chesterfield Police Department, stopped by the station to give some tips for staying safe.
Captain Lewis gave seven basic tips for avoiding a possible victimization.
1. Be aware of your surroundings.
2. Safety in numbers.
3. Park in well lit areas and designated parking spots.
4. Report suspicious activity.
5. Avoid large groups loitering.
6. Make sure valuable items are not in plain sight.
7. Make sure there is an identity card in your child's pocket.
A couple of other tips included taking a photo of your car in the parking lot to find it easier later. You should also take a picture of your child at the mall so you have the most recent picture possible and what they are wearing.
For more information on the Chesterfield Police Department, visit: http://www.chesterfield.mo.us/police.html