Balloons launched to honor child kill in fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – Family members of a 14-month-old, who died in a fire earlier this week, released balloons in his honor Saturday.

Antuan Nelson died when the home at 25th and Glasgow caught fire Wednesday.

The fire was started by a space heater.

The baby’s father and firefighters both tried to get to the child, but the flames were too intense.