Electrical fire at SLU’s DeMattias Hall; no injuries

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - Firefighters rushed to Saint Louis University's campus to respond to an early morning fire Friday.

It happened at a nine-story dormitory.  The fire started on the fourth floor of DeMattias Hall.  Firefighters say smoke filled the dorm around 1:45am Friday.   Dozens of students live in DeMattias Hall.

Moments after smoke alarms sounded, firefighters were on the way.  When they arrived, the fire was only smoldering, but they had to use fans to clear smoke from the building.

After an investigation, firefighters learned the source of the fire was an electrical panel on the fourth floor.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.