Fire destroys St. Charles home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. CHARLES, MO (KTVI) – Two St. Charles residents lost their home to fire Monday morning around 11 am, in the 3700 block of Burr Street. The couple was awaken by smoke detectors, making their way out of the mobile home to neighbors, as the fire engulfed the home.

The couple escaped suffering only moderate burns, and were transported to a local hospital for their injuries.

Firefighters arriving scene were only able defensively fight the fire, extinguishing the fire in 30 minutes.

Five exotic birds owned by the couple perished in the fire.

Officials believe the fire started in the mobile homes living room.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.