(KTVI)- All kinds of fun was had on the FOX 2’s Pre-Game Party. Sandy Miller showed us why it is so important to pour your beer into a glass the right way. Trust us, this will help you feel less full during your Super Bowl bash.
Other members of the FOX 2 team stopped by with some favorite Super Bowl recipes, including Shirley Washington’s Pizza Pasta, Kevin Steincross’ Provel Cheese Dip, and Shawndrea Thomas’ Chicken Bacon Quesadillas.
Shirley’s Pizza Pasta
"I wish I could tell you my pizza pasta recipe is one that has been handed down from generation to generation, but I can’t. It is actually a fun recipe I created by experimenting in the kitchen, but boy is it good! That is – if you like pizza and pasta!"
- One 16 ounce box of penne rigate pasta (Your favorite brand)
- One pound fresh ground turkey
- One package Hormel Pepperoni Slices
- One 24 ounce jar of Prego tomato, basil, garlic sauce
- One six ounce can Hunt’s tomato paste
- One 14 ounce jar of pizza sauce
- One 8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Three ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- One cup diced yellow onions
- Half cup diced sweet red peppers
- Half cup diced sweet yellow peppers
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon cayenne pepper
- One teaspoon black pepper
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- Three tablespoons parsley flakes
Preheat oven 375 degrees
Cook penne rigate pasta (per box direction) in boiling water then drain.
Brown ground turkey in skillet on medium heat. Before ground turkey is fully cooked, add onions, red and yellow peppers, and seasonings. Cook until onions and peppers are done.
Spoon ground turkey into pot with the pasta, add Prego, pizza sauce, tomato paste, and Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Cook on low heat until cream cheese melts then add pepperoni slices.
Pour pasta and sauce mixture into a medium size glass pan, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese, then parsley flakes. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in oven about ten minutes or until mozzarella cheese melts. Let sit ten to fifteen minutes, serve, and enjoy!
*Season with spices to suit your taste. The recipe works well with just about any meat combination used on pizzas - ham bits, bacon bits, and fresh ground beef.