(KTVI) - Ruth's Chris Steak House celebrates National Carrot Cake Day in the Fox 2 Studio.
These recipes double and triple very well.
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cups corn oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups shelled walnuts finely chopped
1-1/3 cups pureed cooked carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9-inch layer cake pans, lined with wax paper.
2. Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Add oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Fold in walnuts and carrots.
3. Pour batter into the prepared pans. Set on the middle rack of oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until edges have pulled away from sidesand a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool on a cake rack for 3 hours. Fill cake and frosts sides with cream cheese frosting. Dust top ofcake with confectioners sugar.
CREAM CHEESE ICING RECIPE
1 lb cream cheese at room temperature
12 tbsp sweet butter at room temperature
7-8 cups confectioners sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream together cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl.
2. Slowly sift in confectioners sugar and continue beating until completely incorporated and free of lumps.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. Beat in mixer for two minutes; remove from bowl put inplastic container. Icing needs to set for 8 hours before using.