Woman injured in mobile home fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LINCOLN COUNTY, MO (KTVI) – Tuesday morning a Lincoln County mobile home sustained heavy damage from a fire, caused by a space heater being near combustible items.  The Lincoln County Fire Protection District was called to the 300 block of Merle Drive just after 11 am.

Firefighter’s arriving on the scene found the female occupant outside the home suffering from smoke inhalation and minor injuries to an arm, after attempting to rescue her dog. The woman had left the home for a period of time in the morning, returning to find the mobile home engulfed in flames.

Firefighters extinguished the fire, but were able to save the dog.