CWE apartment fire forces building evacuating

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CENTRAL WEST END (KTVI) – There was a rude awakening for some folks in the Central West End Monday morning.  A food fire forced fire officials to evacuate an apartment building on North Taylor at McPherson.

The fire began in a first floor unit while a woman was cooking.  Although she managed to knock down the flames, smoke spread throughout the building.

Other residents were evacuated for a short time while firefighters brought in fans to blow out the smoke.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.