(KTVI)- Monica Stoutenborough, from Puravegan Cafe and Yoga, prepares some delicious yet healthy meals.
BREAKFAST: Simple Morning Smoothie
Equipment Needed: Blender
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 TBSP peanut butter or nut butter of choice
1 TBSP cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy unsweetened milk)
1 handful baby spinach
Combine all ingredients in blender and enjoy.
LUNCH: Salad Rolls
salad greens &/or sprouts of your choice
any vegetables sliced lengthwise (cucumber, carrot, daikon radish, bell pepper)
choice of dressing, sauce, hummus or baba ganoush
Wrapper: lettuce leaf, collard green, or tortilla
Spread hummus on wrapper, cover with greens
DINNER: 'Fried Rice'
Equipment Needed: Food Processor
1 Head of Cauliflower
1 ten oz package peas, thawed, or fresh peas
1/2 cup Mung Bean sprouts
2 tablespoons onion
¼ cup cilantro or flat leafed parsley
a drizzle of sesame oil, optional
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
Braggs Liquid Aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1. In the bowl of your food processor, pulse cauliflower into `rice` and place in a bowl.
2. With a knife or in the food processor pulse the onion, garlic, and cilantro or parsley until
finely minced. Place in bowl.
3. Place peas, sprouts and sunflower seeds in bowl. Drizzle with sesame oil and Bragg's
Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce / tamari) .
4. Stir until flavors are well combined
5. Optional: top with mung bean sprouts or stir in pineapple, carrots or broccoli
For more information visit puravegan.com