ST. PETERS, MO (KTVI) - A St. Peters man is dead after a fire raced through his home.
It happened on Mexico Road near Pioneer Drive around 5 pm Monday afternoon.
Neighbors say a medical problem may have kept him from escaping the fire, as he had recently injured a foot and was not working.
The 50-year-old man was found in a back bedroom.
Fire crews from central fire county and rescue were responding to a motor vehicle fire on Eagle Hill Drive when they saw smoke billowing out of a home in the 7300 block of Mexico Drive.
Fire crews called back up and they did a search and rescue and found the man in a back bedroom. 20 firefighter and rescue units assisted in the fire including the O’Fallon fire department.
Michael Paul told FOX2 that their two daughters went to school together. Paul didn't even know the house was on fire until he heard the sirens.