(WGHP)-A palace-sized home in Florida just hit the market for $139 million, making it the most expensive house currently on the market in the U.S.
William P.D. Pierce, a Coldwell Banker Previews International property specialist in Miami, recently listed Le Palais Royal on Millionaires Mile near Fort Lauderdale, according to the official Coldwell Banker blog.
The 11-bedroom, 17-bathroom home was inspired by the Palace of Versailles and other palaces and castles around the world. The 60,500-square-foot palace sits on 4 acres and 465-feet of private beachfront property.
The home is under construction and expected to be completed before the end of 2015.
Here are some of the main home features, according to the Coldwell Banker blog:
- 13-foot, 22-carat gold-leaf gate
- 26-foot entrance fountain, one of six waterfalls that adorn the exterior
- Seamless double “day and night” custom-designed doors in the entryway, one of bronze-encased glass and the other of solid mahogany inlayed with 22-carat gold leafing
- $2 million marble staircase with steel-iron railing and gold leaf, which took craftsmen more than two years to construct
- 11 bedrooms, 17 bathrooms
- First-ever IMAX Theater contracted for private use, featuring a 50 by 27-foot screen and seating for 18 with a bar and IMAX lounge
- Three master bedroom suites and one presidential master suite, each with a Jacuzzi overlooking the ocean or Intracoastal Waterway
- La Cornue Grand Palais custom range and custom cabinetry made of solid mahogany accentuated with 22-carat gold leafing
- 1,300-gallon Living Color aquarium enclosed within custom cabinetry that will accommodate a high definition 3-D television in the family room
- 4,500-square-foot infinity edge pool with a 12-foot cascading waterfall, double loop LED-lit waterslide, fire pit and swim-up bar for outdoor entertaining
- Pool was designed with state-of-the-art technology including an automated temperature gauge sensor and triple sanitation system, which utilizes saline, chlorine and ultraviolet light
- Plunge pool off the master suite on the second floor of the exterior terrace