Post Office will deliver 7 days a week through Christmas
(KTVI)-The United States Postal Service will extend delivery services to seven days a week starting November 17. The goal is to make sure the expected 450 to 470 million holiday packages arrive on time.
As more and more customers order items online, demand for shipping has jumped. The Postal Service predicts double digit package growth during the holiday season.
To make sure mail and packages arrive by Christmas, the Postal Service provided the following deadlines:
- Dec. 2 – First-Class Mail International/Priority Mail International
- Dec. 10 – Priority Mail Express International
- Dec. 15 – Standard Post
- Dec. 17 – Global Express Guaranteed
- Dec. 20 – First-Class Mail/Priority Mail (domestic)
- Dec. 23 – Priority Mail Express (domestic)