Elementary school evacuated after carbon monoxide leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS, (KTVI)- Nance Elementary School located at 8959 Riverview Boulevard was evacuated early Thrusday morning following a carbon monoxide leak. Several teachers and students reported feeling ill.

A total of 17 kids were treated on the scene. One adult and two children were taken to a local hospital.

The remaining students were taken from the school directly to a church across the street where they were picked up by their parents and family members.

An ambulance and one command unit are still on the scene.

FOX 2 will keep you updated as details become available.